02 September

A Little Blue Winter Lady: Creating Something Beautiful from Simple Things

 

A small handmade wooden lady dressed in a beautiful blue-and-white fabric dress, with a white veil covering her face.
My little blue winter lady, made from a wooden peg and beautiful fabric offcuts

 

© 2026 Aga, author of Art in Cupboard. All rights reserved.
This original creative work is my own. It may not be copied, reproduced, republished, modified, distributed, commercially used, scraped, used for AI training, or presented as the work of another person without my prior written permission.

 

A forgotten wooden peg, some beautiful blue fabric scraps, and a little inspiration came together to create something quite unexpected.

 

I’m very grateful for all the fabric offcuts that our friend, a sewing enthusiast, gave me. She always makes sure she has enough fabric and is kind enough to give me all the scraps she doesn’t need, which I can use later. 

And then my youngest daughter gave me a very special gift: a lovely old wooden peg doll that she had painted with so much care and attention to detail. She made it as part of a school project, and I just adore it! So I popped it in my cupboard with all the other things, and when I found it later, I got this amazing feeling of inspiration – I just knew I had to create something beautiful with it.

The days are cooler now, which is perfect for getting back to my favourite activities: creating and making. I felt inspired to make this little figurine, and I'm so glad I did! 

She's like a winter lady. 

She is wearing a beautiful long blue-and-white gown. 

She has a white veil covering her face. 

She is adorned with a smile painted by my little one.

I just love it! It's so simple, yet it brings me so much joy. 
I look for it, and it always smiles at me. I think it's because, when we pour our hearts and souls into creating something, we leave a little piece of ourselves in the things we make. I love how simple materials can be turned into real, tangible memories that we can hold in our hands.

 

You might also enjoy Hat Box of Happy Things, another little collection of handmade memories.

Thank you for visiting my quiet corner of the internet.
© 2026 Aga, author of Art in Cupboard. All rights reserved.
This is my authorised personal blog and contains my original writing, drawings, photographs, and other creative work. All such content belongs to me unless otherwise stated.
No part of this blog may be copied, reproduced, republished, modified, distributed, commercially used, scraped, or used for AI training without my prior written permission.
My work may not be appropriated, claimed as the work of another person, or redistributed through social media, websites, platforms, or other channels without my prior written permission.

No comments: