08 September

Bike That Sold Itself

 

She smiled at the advert at first… but by the end, she couldn't believe what she was reading.

 

She saw an ad in the store window, and it looked really funny.

It was as if someone with a warm, honest voice had placed the ad on the window for all to see.

 

I have a beautiful children's bike for sale, in a lovely pink and white. I know it's been used a lot and mostly kept outdoors, but it's still in perfect condition for someone who loves riding on open roads! It's got a few little scuffs here and there, but it has brand-new brakes, and the wheels are in amazing condition!

My child was absolutely delighted to decorate it with stickers! They might look a little faded in the photo, but that just adds to their charm.

I absolutely love this bike! Every scratch and sign of wear has made it truly unique.

I totally understand if you're disappointed that the bike doesn't have a kickstand or a bell, but honestly, this will save you money since you won't have to buy either of those things! 

I'm so glad my child made the right decision not to sell the bell! It has the most beautiful, heavenly sound. I know you'll love this bike as much as I do, and I'm sure you'll agree that the price reflects its condition!

It's got an adjustable seat so you can find the perfect fit, and five gears so you can go anywhere you want. It's a great mountain bike.

This bike is just the thing for your growing child, and it's great for riding across streets and even through the park!

If you need any more details, just let me know! I'm delighted to tell you that right now I'm offering pickup only! Hey, why not come along and see this wonderful bike with your own eyes? 

I bet you won't be disappointed!

 

She smiled at first, but her lips lifted slightly in surprise. Then her eyes rolled when she reached the end of the ad and saw that the lovely bike had already been… sold.



This little story belongs to my Randomness Drawer, alongside other fragments from my Museum of Randomness.
 

© 2026 Aga, author of Art in Cupboard. All rights reserved.
This original creative work is my own. It may not be copied, reproduced, republished, modified, distributed, commercially used, scraped, used for AI training, or presented as the work of another person without my prior written permission.

 

Thank you for visiting my quiet corner of the internet.
© 2026 Aga, author of Art in Cupboard. All rights reserved.
This is my authorised personal blog and contains my original writing, drawings, photographs, and other creative work. All such content belongs to me unless otherwise stated.
No part of this blog may be copied, reproduced, republished, modified, distributed, commercially used, scraped, or used for AI training without my prior written permission.
My work may not be appropriated, claimed as the work of another person, or redistributed through social media, websites, platforms, or other channels without my prior written permission.

No comments: