14 August

Planting ideas of little joy

 

Art in Cupboard: a fragment prose poem about rain, garden rest, and little joys. 

 

I look forward to the rain just as much as I do to the warmth of the sun, but my flowers need a little rest,

freedom and care,  coolness, and more frequent contact with the earth.

I feel that summer is over and now it’s time for more rain.

I bless myself and hope that more rain will fill my garden with an abundance of greenery, and my surroundings.

I wait, cherishing every moment; it’s still too warm, but I don’t remember a summer as hot and wonderful as it was at the beginning of spring.

The essence of summer is that it is a time of warmth, of the hot sun—sometimes too intense, and sometimes just right. I’m waiting for the relief that rain will bring, washing the dust from the streets, and clearing my mind of the excessive clamour of my surroundings. I’m waiting, cherishing every moment; it’s still too warm, but I don’t remember a summer as hot and wonderful as this.

© 2026 Aga, author of Art in Cupboard. All rights reserved.
This original creative work is my own. It may not be copied, reproduced, republished, modified, distributed, commercially used, scraped, used for AI training, or presented as the work of another person without my prior written permission.

 


Thank you for visiting my quiet corner of the internet.
© 2026 Aga, author of Art in Cupboard. All rights reserved.
This is my authorised personal blog and contains my original writing, drawings, photographs, and other creative work. All such content belongs to me unless otherwise stated.
No part of this blog may be copied, reproduced, republished, modified, distributed, commercially used, scraped, or used for AI training without my prior written permission.
My work may not be appropriated, claimed as the work of another person, or redistributed through social media, websites, platforms, or other channels without my prior written permission.

No comments: