13 July

The Alternate Version I Didn’t Post

 

The child-like figure sitting on the chair, the visible knees, the snippet of the wings

 My sketchbook drawing

 

© 2026 Aga, author of Art in Cupboard. All rights reserved.
This original creative work is my own. It may not be copied, reproduced, republished, modified, distributed, commercially used, scraped, used for AI training, or presented as the work of another person without my prior written permission.



There is a side of the creative process that rarely leaves the notebook—the messy, vulnerable stage where we capture a feeling before doubt creeps in.

During the summer, I wrote a fragment about a girl who wore delicate feathered wings, imagining herself flying high above a quiet, dreamlike town just to feel light and free. Alongside those words, I sketched this: a child-like figure sitting on a chair with their knees pulled up. There is no face visible, and you can only catch a glimpse of their wings from the perspective of the chair itself.

For a long time, I hid this drawing away. I judged it harshly as clumsy and imperfect. But I've realised our "ugly" drafts are often the most honest things we create. They are the scaffolding for the art that comes later.

I won’t explain it. Here is what it means to me: it serves as a reminder of the quiet, hidden spaces we create for ourselves, and the beauty of keeping some parts of our inner world completely unfiltered.

Thank you for visiting my quiet corner of the internet.
© 2026 Aga, author of Art in Cupboard. All rights reserved.
This is my authorised personal blog and contains my original writing, drawings, photographs, and other creative work. All such content belongs to me unless otherwise stated.
No part of this blog may be copied, reproduced, republished, modified, distributed, commercially used, scraped, or used for AI training without my prior written permission.
My work may not be appropriated, claimed as the work of another person, or redistributed through social media, websites, platforms, or other channels without my prior written permission.

No comments: