The cupboard stood quietly in the late afternoon light, its old wooden surface glowing with the colours I once painted onto it. When I opened the drawer that felt heavier than the rest, the air shifted — soft, familiar, like stepping into a memory I didn’t know I had been missing.
Inside lay my old sketchbook. The one I carried everywhere
two years ago. The one that held small moments I didn’t want to lose.
I lifted it gently, feeling the softened edges, the way time
had rounded the corners. The cupboard seemed to breathe with me, as if relieved
I had finally returned for what it had been keeping safe.
I opened the sketchbook, and the pages whispered as they
turned — unfinished lines, quiet beginnings, thoughts that simply waited in the
scent of ink and summer.
And then I found it.
The roses.
![]() |
Pen drawing of the roses and poem in opened sketchbook |
© 2026 Aga, author of Art in Cupboard. All rights reserved.
This original creative work is my own. It may not be copied, reproduced,
republished, modified, distributed, commercially used, scraped, used for AI
training, or presented as the work of another person without my prior written
permission.
Drawn in pen, simple and honest, leaning toward the sun as
if they remembered the warmth of that day. The petals curved softly, the stems
swayed with a breeze I could almost feel again. It was a sketch made quickly,
but with attention — the kind of attention that only happens when the world is
still.
Beneath it, in my own handwriting:
A delicate roses dancing with the wind
Sweet silence
When I slid the drawer shut, the cupboard felt as if
whispering:
Sometimes the things we create in silence return to us, when we need them most. A sketch, a few lines of ink, a moment we once captured without knowing why — they wait patiently in the drawers of our lives. Maybe this is a reminder to open those drawers from time to time, to revisit the small pieces of ourselves we left behind.
The air here remains still, but if you wish to see where the paint marks and unfinished sketches live, you might look inside the Studio Drawer.© 2026 Aga, author of Art in Cupboard. All rights reserved.
This is my authorised personal blog and contains my original writing, drawings, photographs, and other creative work. All such content belongs to me unless otherwise stated.
No part of this blog may be copied, reproduced, republished, modified, distributed, commercially used, scraped, or used for AI training without my prior written permission.
My work may not be appropriated, claimed as the work of another person, or redistributed through social media, websites, platforms, or other channels without my prior written permission.

No comments:
Post a Comment